NHS Criteria from 1st July 2013
From 1st July, up to two cycles of treatment will be provided. All NHS patients must meet the following criteria:
- Unexplained infertility of at least two years’ duration
- Couple should be in a stable relationship for at least two years
- Neither partner has undergone a sterilisation procedure
- No children living in the home
- Female partner under the age of 40 at the time of treatment
- Female partner’s BMI must be over 18.5 and below 30
- Both partners must be non-smoking for at least 3 months before being added to the waiting list and during treatment
- Both partners to abstain from illegal and abusive substances
- Neither partner should drink alcohol prior to or during treatment.
The treatment criteria will be re-applied prior to each cycle. Following each cycle, a full review of the outcome will be discussed. If it is decided that treatment is unlikely to be of benefit, further treatment will not be offered and your NHS entitlement will be withdrawn.
If frozen embryos are available, transfer of these must be carried out before another fresh cycle is started.